Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Just picked

  • from the Garden:


  • What to make?

    Roasted Tomatoes, I gather the Roma tomatoes cut off the tops and place in a pan(top side down) to roast in the oven. After they start to Blacken turn off oven and let cool. Then you can take the skins right off. I put in freezer bags for winter stews, and soups.

    Another thing that I love to do in to make Salsa. This is the recipe that I used:

    Ingredients:

    • 3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
    • 2 small cloves garlic, minced
    • 3 large ripe tomatoes, peeled and seeds removed, chopped
    • 2 green Chile peppers, finely chopped
  • 2 to 3 tablespoons cilantro, chopped fine
  • 1 1/2 to 2 tablespoons lime juice or lemon
  • salt and pepper
  • Preparation:
  • Combine onions and garlic with chopped tomatoes, peppers, cilantro, lime juice,salt, and pepper. Refrigerate for 2 to 4 hours to blend flavors.
  • Makes about 2 cups of salsa.

  • I also take the cherry, and pear tomatoes and half drizzle on Olive Oil , add Mozzarella balls, Squeeze lemon juice, sprinkle with Basil and salt and pepper. Serve on a bed of lettuce or just eat. What do you do with your tomatoes?

8 comments:

Debra said...

Those veggies look yummy, I will have to try your salsa recipe soon. We love spicy foods and my duaghter that is only 11 could eat salsa from a jar...she loves it more than me.

::::Lula Boutique:::: said...

Yum! I love cilantro too, so this sounds quite delicious!

missknits said...

ooo they look great! i was just thinking fresh salsa would be so yummy!

Sarah McBride said...

yum yum yummmmm-o.
I love all things tomatos, all things salsa and I especially love recipes.
thank you for sharing.

melissa said...

Salsa has to be one of my favorite things as well. I could eat the whole bowl, But I like to share :0)

industrialpoppy said...

This pic just made my mouth water...and my tomatoes are still green:(

Jenna Hansen said...

Saw your blog on the etsy forums and wanted to stop by to say hello.

Great salsa recipe! It's making me hungry. :-)

Have a great weekend.

~Jenna
www.cardsbyjenna.blogspot.com

Amanda Conley said...

Yum!