Wednesday, August 27, 2008

New Hats are on there way

I love taking old sweaters and turning them into something new. Hum lets see... a hat. I've been working on some new hats for winter. First I take the sweater and Felt it in the washer and dryer. Then check it out and see where the hat wants to come from. Then I take the hat and start needle felting onto it. Then I line it with fleece. Ta-da... there finished!

Here are three that you get to see first before I post on Etsy.
This Blue hat w/ the Unicorn on it isn't felted. Its Acrylic and Wool blend. The other two hats are.

So what do you think?

5 comments:

missknits said...

wow great hats!! i just love them!!

RetroRugrats said...

A gorgeous hat! So detailed and amazing craftsmanship.

Silja Erg said...

Hehe, i've never seen hats like this before :D they look great! :D

melissa said...

thanks! I haven't put them on Etsy yet.

Lisa Brawner said...

very nice ! they should do great on etsy. People would want them for ren faire or festivals also . Love your blog