Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Kaleidoscope Kit!









This was super fun and a great way to show my two boys (Adan who is 10, and Elijah who is 5) how Kaleidoscopes are made. We got the kit from Kathryn of http://katrinastreasures.etsy.com/ "KALEIDOSCOPE TRI WAND KIT"

It was really simple and well explained in the instructions.
My boys loved it!!

We talked about reflection symmetry, rotational symmetry, and different symmetry combinations I'm not sure if Elijah got it, but Adan sure did.
I love watching the tube is rotate, the tumble with all the coloured objects in the viewer great colours and patterns. It was a great learning experience!
Did I mention it was fun??
I know you want one too. You can by a kit or one already put together on Kathryn's other shop:

4 comments:

Hyla said...

Great feature! I spend way too much money in Kathryns shop......but I may have to spend..........some more

Athena's Armoury said...

Not only a very talented lady, but also an absolute sweetheart. I love Kathryn and her work! Very nice feature!

melissa said...

Kathryn is the most sweetest wowan that I've met in the Etsy realm!

be_brilliant said...

thanks very much for stopping by and reading my stuff. I want a kaleidoscope like the one i saw in the picture