Sunday, August 24, 2008

on Sunday

"Take me out to the ball game,Take me out with the crowd.Buy me some peanuts and cracker jack,I don't care if I never get back,Let me root, root, root for the home team,If they don't win it's a shame.For it's one, two, three strikes, you're out,At the old ball game."


Yes we went to the Em's Game it was so much fun. It was the boys first pro game of any sort. They loved it! Of course we had crackerjacks and hot dogs, it wouldn't be a game w/ out the o' stand bys.



This shot was first pitch, you can see Spenser Butte in the far right. The Emeralds didn't when against the Salem Volcanoes. Score was 10 to 7.

Lots of excitement, it made Brandon and I feel the love for the game again. We both played ball from T-ball to High School. It was nice to do something out of the ordinary.

5 comments:

Treasures by Tina said...

What fun! Thanks for sharing this wonderful experience. :)

Kylie Bowers said...

Yes sounds like fun!

missknits said...

how fun! i bet the boys loved it!!! and yes nothing like a game with some snacks! but they dont make the prizes like they used to in those cracker jack boxes!

melissa said...

yeah, the crackerjack prize was a texas ranger stamp. Thats not fun!

Shauna said...

I'm FROM Eugene. Lived there 22 of my 25 years!! I love your blog and am bookmarking it so I keep coming back!!