from the Garden:
What to make?
Roasted Tomatoes, I gather the Roma tomatoes cut off the tops and place in a pan(top side down) to roast in the oven. After they start to Blacken turn off oven and let cool. Then you can take the skins right off. I put in freezer bags for winter stews, and soups.
Another thing that I love to do in to make Salsa. This is the recipe that I used:
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 small cloves garlic, minced
- 3 large ripe tomatoes, peeled and seeds removed, chopped
- 2 green Chile peppers, finely chopped
- 2 to 3 tablespoons cilantro, chopped fine
- 1 1/2 to 2 tablespoons lime juice or lemon
- salt and pepper
- Combine onions and garlic with chopped tomatoes, peppers, cilantro, lime juice,salt, and pepper. Refrigerate for 2 to 4 hours to blend flavors.
- Makes about 2 cups of salsa.
- I also take the cherry, and pear tomatoes and half drizzle on Olive Oil , add Mozzarella balls, Squeeze lemon juice, sprinkle with Basil and salt and pepper. Serve on a bed of lettuce or just eat. What do you do with your tomatoes?